Invitation to A Three-day Effective Records Management Training
The Professional Development Unit, Ghana Communication Technology University, is pleased to invite the general public to a three (3) day training in Effective Records Management. The details of the programme are as follows:
Date: 13th March-15th March, 2023
Fee: Affordable (includes; tuition, course materials, feeding and certification)
Venue: Ghana Communication Technology University- Takoradi Campus
Time: 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
A record is simply an evidence of transaction between people and has legal authority. A key factor in taking accurate decisions is the presence of records in a format legible and presentable enough. The importance of records are realized when they are complete, authentic, and accessed within the shortest possible time when needed. These and many others are the important qualities records needs to serve its purpose. These can be assured when the necessary, important and basic skills in managing records are acquired and applied accordingly.
The course is designed to equip participants with knowledge and practical skills to effectively manage paper and electronic records in an organisation.
• Upon successful completion of this training, participants will:
• Be able to create and manage an efficient records system usable in an organization.
• Be able to create, protect, and disseminate securely electronic records in their custody.
• Identify ways of ensuring the security, privacy and confidentiality of vital and all other records or information.
• Be informed on legalities pertaining to records management.
• Introduction to Records Management
• Information & Records Management
• Characteristics & Importance of Information
• Records – Records Management
• Filing & File Management
• Basic Computer Skills for Effective Records Management
• Introduction to Electronic Records Management
• Legalities in Records Management
• Records Management Disaster Preparedness
• Functional Records & Information Classification
This course is designed for Records/Information Officers, Registry Staff in Public and Private Organizations, Senior/Junior Administrative Staff/Secretaries, Information and Communication Technology Officers, Biostatistician, Finance/Accounts Officers, Archivists/Librarians, Office Clerks, Staff of Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Assemblies, Staff of NGOs, CSOs, etc., Office Managers and Support Staff, Students interested in acquiring invaluable knowledge in records management.