3-Month Certificate Training in Graphic Design Production
The Technical Education and Training Unit, Ghana Communication Technology University, is pleased to invite the general public to a 3-Month Certificate Training in Graphic Design Production. The details of the training programmes are as follow;
Date: 7th October 2023
Venue: GCTU main Campus, Tesano.
Time: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
– The Graphic Design Production course provides an opportunity for trainees to combine several draw and paint applications into design. Students will explore advanced techniques in designing computer art using best industry software (Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign).
Also, students will apply knowledge of paper stock and other media for reproduction of designs, use scanning and image resolution enhancements in producing graphics, convert files into various formats using available technology, use a variety of computer software in the production phase and apply skills in the areas of image conversion, cropping, resizing, and clean-up.
– Course Learning Outlines
By the end of this course, the student should be able to
- Apply a basic knowledge of the design process to create design solutions
- Execute designs according to instructions of supervisors, and clients using standard industry procedures and technology
- Produce comprehensives using an appropriate degree of detail and quality within time and budget constraints
- Work in a team to achieve set goals
- Effectively utilize the elements of visual language including composition, visual priorities, image, type, colour, texture, etc.
- Use and manipulate existing images within accepted ethical and legal guidelines under appropriate supervision and direction
- Critic their own works of design and those of others
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Digital Media
- Digital Capturing and Streaming
- Web layout and design
- Effective application of Design Elements and Principles
- Production Systems in the Design Industry
This is a professionally designed training for individuals working in the Advertising Firms, Corporate Branding and Consultancy, Television Studios and Video Production Companies, Internet and Software Development Companies, Junior/Senior school leavers, Computer Enthusiasts and individuals who need to acquire knowledge in the use of basic peripherals, social networks and personal computers.